The Academy program is structured to ensure that every coach plays a close role in each player’s development and the training sessions encourage a high degree of participation. As a result, each team is composed of a maximum of 12 players. Following the FC Barcelona methodology, the Barça Academy Brisbane employs the same training methods used by the youth teams at the Club, which consist of a group of progressive and interrelated exercises, adapted to each training level or stage.PRE-REGISTER
James Drysdale Reserve:
Mondays & Wednesdays, 6:00 pm- 7:30 pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:00 pm- 7:30 pm
Eagles Sports Complex:
Mondays & Wednesdays, 5:30 pm- 7:00 pm
Internal Competition (Sundays afternoon) held at James Drysdale Reserve, Bunya
Eligible for Selection Team, National & International Tournaments
1 Coach / 12 Players
The technical development aspect of this program has been designed to teach the technical principles of the game. Players will familiarise themselves with these basics in order to obtain a technical background on which they can further develop their control and precision on the ball.
Control, Pass, and Running with the ball
Dribbling, Tackling, and Ball Protection
Shooting, Crossing, and Skills
The tactical development aspect of this program will introduce the players to the basic tactical roles and positions inherent in the FC Barcelona Methodology. Players will gain a fundamental understanding of team strategies and movements that will further enhance their teamwork skills.
Width & Depth, Ball circulation and Adequate speed of the game
Transitional play, 1v1’s and player positioning
Creating and finishing attacking situations
Internal Competition – all players will compete in the internal competition which will include all teams across the Barça Academy in the same age group stage. All the matches are played at James Drysdale, Bunya (BARÇA HQ)
Selection Team – all players will be eligible for the Selection Team for their age group stage. The Selection Team will have a few additional training sessions, plus matches against external oppositions. All the training sessions are held at James Drysdale Reserve, Bunya. Matches could be Home (James Drysdale) or Away (depending of the opponent)
– 2 Training Sessions per week for the season
– Internal Competition (All matches at James Drysdale, Bunya)
– Eligible for Selection Team (Training Sessions & Matches at James Drysdale, Bunya)
– Eligible for National & International Tournaments
– Detailed Reports / Player Feedback and Assessment
– FC Barcelona Nike Training Gear*
– Barça Academy NIKE kit RED. Each kit includes Shirt, Shorts and Socks.
– Barça Academy NIKE kit BLUE. Each kit includes Shirt, Shorts and Socks.
– Barça Academy NIKE Rain Jacket
– Barça Academy NIKE Backpack
– Barça Academy NIKE Long Pants
– Barça Academy NIKE Long Sleeve Midlayer
*Uniform sold separately